Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lumberjack Squats! How did I miss this???

To be honest, I just learned about this exercise last Sunday in a Girls Gone Strong blog post.  And I wondered how on earth did I miss out on such a great exercise for the quads and glutes.

Off the top of my head, I reckon this will be a good substitute for the belt squat (which is a great exercise if only you have the proper equipment and platform for it) as well as for the goblet squat.  It can also serve as a decent exercise for days you don't feel like front squatting but still wanna make your quads burn.

The great thing about the lumberjack squat is that you can use its variations to make the exercise more economical (i.e. hits various muscle groups with just one exercise).  Enough of my ramblings, check out the vids below:



The vid above demonstrates the traditional lumberjack squat.  Which is already an excellent exercise to begin with.



Add on another move and not only your quads and glutes will suffer, but your calves will feel the burn too.



The lumberjack squat as a full body exercise.  Who would've thought.  Ain't it brilliant?

No comments: