Sunday, November 1, 2009

Four-Week Programmes

Sorry guys and gals. Seriously, I don't actually mean to be gushing on how great Turbulence Training (TT) is. But the fact of the matter is that the programme is good. I've been hitting the gym for almost two years now and frankly, exercising can become monotonous especially when you don't have the aid of a personal trainer to design workout circuits for you.

What's cool about the Turbulence Training programmes is that you are only supposed to follow a certain programme for 4 weeks before progressing to the next one. This way you won't get bored and get too comfortable with one routine. And it makes you keep pushing your body to improve.

For someone as disorganized as I am, these 4-week programmes are the answer to my prayers. True, nothing beats having your own personal trainer. But the Turbulence Training programmes are pretty decent substitutes.

Anyway, just for the record, these are the programmes that I have already gone through:
  1. TT Mass @ Home - This is the first TT programme I used. Designed to focus more on building muscle mass. I could get the workouts done in 45 minutes tops but don't be fooled. They're tough to do.
  2. TT Female Bodysculpting - I got curious to what this programme entails. And frankly I was pretty smug at first. You're talking to a girl who could lift more weights than some guys. So a female programme was to me... pretty easy. Or so I thought. This programme introduced me to one heck of a workout. But I have to confess it got easier when the programme was nearing its 'expiry date.' But I simply made it harder by increasing the frequency of the supersets and increasing the weights. Anyway it just goes to show that I have improved.
  3. TT Bodyweight-Dumbell Fusion - Today is the start of a new programme and I chose this one. You basically need a pair of dumbells. That's it. Very useful for those who do not have access to a gym.
Anyway, if you'd like to check out the various TT programmes that Craig Ballantyne has to offer (he's the founder of TT, by the way), you can click here. But better yet, go check out his YouTube videos. You can get a better idea of what the workouts are like.

No comments: