Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Stay the same? No way!

At my gym there's this huge guy who always wears a red sleeveless top and red shorts. He's all hairy front, back and on the arms. He is dark skinned so the bright red is a blinding contrast to his skin. Anyway, that's not what I want to write about.

From the day I joined the gym until today, Mr. Red... like me has been working out diligently. Every other day I'll see him hitting the treadmill, the ski thingamajig and every other cardio machine available. But the thing is... while I am getting stronger and my body more defined, he still looks the same.

Frankly, I am not surprised. Why? Because of the pace he hits the treadmill. It's one steady pace every single time. Maybe he might break a sweat but he's not burning enough calories and melting off sufficient fat to reveal the inner buff dude that's screaming to come out.

Sigh... if only I had the guts to come up to him and say, "hey buddy, you're doing it all wrong. You ain't ever gonna burn off fat that way." How DO you burn off fat anyway? I believe in interval training. I'm gonna let the video below explain what on earth is interval training in the first place.

All I ask is for you to have an open mind and an open heart. And you can see that interval training is a much, much better way to shed off the fat.



Okay fine... so you don't want to look at another cardio machine for the rest of your natural life. Well, perhaps you might wanna check the video below.



Have fun trying out the workouts! I know I did. Cheers!

No comments: