Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sled drag substitute for dummies

Prowlers.  Sleds.  They are undoubtedly essential for one's training.

Prowlers are out of the question for me because no one in Malaysia sells/makes them and where the heck am I gonna keep it and then push it?  I live in a pigeon hole.

Now sleds are a better bet.  They're smaller, easier to keep and take out any time I want to have a nice conditioning session.  But they don't sell/make them here either.

Admittedly it's quite easy to make your own home made sled.  Get yourself an old tyre and some sturdy towing straps/TRX straps and you're good to go.

Homemade sled for dummies.  Dummies like me, specifically.

However, I do think it's impractical for me to undergo my usual training then having to find some space outside where I can drag in peace.  While searching for ideas, I came across the perfect solution.  And it doesn't cost me a single sen.  Why I never thought of it in the first place, I have no idea.  Goes to show I'm not really creative when it comes to improvising.

Thank god for the internet.

Okay for those who are DIY challenged like myself, simply put a barbell plate or two on a towel and push away!  And I can attest that it is a pretty brutal workout.  For those training in a commercial gym, you can put the plates on a folded up yoga mat.

Easy peasy.

No comments: