Thursday, March 14, 2013

Juicing overdrive

Fact:  training alone doesn't improve your overall health.

Diet plays an important role too.  You should try to avoid consuming too much acid-forming food in order for your body to easily maintain its slightly alkaline state.  Which is crucial if you want to stay healthy.

As I have written before, I have been embarking on a juicing journey late last year when I discovered that my immune system has been deteriorating.  About 5 months down the line and I am happy to report that my health has improved.  I don't catch the flu and colds easily.  And when I do, I recover faster than I did before.  There are still some problems with eczema, but the severity has definitely lessened.

Knowing that I now have taken juicing seriously and have juiced almost every single day I have decided to take it a step further and invested in a decent juicer.  Specifically a silent juicer, which presses the fruits/vegetables to obtain the juice which unlike blending, preserves their nutrients and enzyme.

Plus, it's faster and easier.  Makes life a whole lot simpler.


This is what I juice on a typical day:  cucumbers, some kind of leafy vegetable, and celery.  Carrots I include on occasion due to its higher sugar content.  And I no longer juice tomatoes as I have recently discovered that it belongs to the nightshade category and as a person with eczema, this is definitely a no go.


I apologize for the shoddy quality of my pictures.  I was never good at taking pictures.  But posing in pictures... now that's a different matter.  But I digress.  So this is my slow juicer.  Pricey, but I got it at a discount through a group but and it has been one of my better investments.  Just look at the amount of juice I yielded.  It's definitely much more than if I blended the vegetables.

No comments: