Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I'm baaaacccckkkkk

Phew!  Looks like I have been away for a month at least.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been feeling pretty crappy, stressed out and downright bitchy.  I have continued with my training but somehow I didn't look forward to it.  I still go through the sessions out of habit and I know even though I feel shitty now, I always feel better after sweating it out.

Last night was leg day and boy.... was it one of the better leg days that I've had in quite some time!  I did:

1)  Glute bridges (still not strong enough... yesterday was 2 sets of 40kg for 20 reps.  I'm trying to build up to a bigger weight and then transition into barbell hip thrusts which are much harder).  Burnt like crazy though.

2) Lumberjack squats.  I was supposed to hit some back squats but to be honest I didn't feel like it.  So I substituted with a few sets of high rep lumberjack squats which was better on my knees and gave my glutes a real nice pump.

3) Landmine reverse lunges.  Again this was a substitution. I'm supposed to do barbell reverse lunges.  But I know my form would suck so I stuck to a 'safer' variation that gives similar effects.

4) Farmer's Walks.  I didn't realize how much I missed this particular exercise.  Carried 15kg  for a duration of 30 seconds for each arm.

I felt really, really good after that session and ate like a king afterwards.  Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back with much needed enthusiasm and fully charged battery.