Thursday, November 14, 2013

Simple

So... it's been a while since I last updated this blog eh?  When I first started this blog, it was to write about my learning experience in my journey as a fitness junkie wannabe.  Initially I learnt a lot of stuff and was excited to share it with whoever that cares.

As my go forward with my journey, this particular quote from Bruce Lee came to mind:

"Before I learned the art, a punch was just a punch, and a kick, just a kick.
After I learned the art, a punch was no longer a punch, a kick, no longer a kick.
Now that I understand the art, a punch is just a punch and a kick is just a kick."

Not to say that I have learnt everything that needs to be learnt.  Far from it.  But I have come to realize that we often tend to overcomplicate things.  Life should be so much simpler.  If I were to summarize what matters to me (fitness-wise) in a nutshell, they are:

  1. Incorporate some kind of squat, deadlift, pressing and mobility work in your programme and you're golden
  2. Eat (or drink) your greens.  Raw is better.
  3. Cook your own meals.
  4. Spend less on unnecessary materialistic stuff and spend more on good quality food
  5. Read a lot
  6. Try not to take any sort of modern medicine.  Natural is best.  Refer to #2
  7. Discipline


No comments: