Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Improvising at a sucky gym

So my car broke down. Again. And I'm staying at a friend's place for the time being. The apartment is much closer to my office so it's cheaper in terms of taxi fares. Anyway, the worst thing about staying at someone else's place is that my training routine goes awry.

Thankfully there's a gym at the apartment and I eagerly went there to check out the facilities. It sucked. It sucked big time. There were machines galore and only had a pathetically small range of dumbbells. There are no barbells whatsoever. Yup. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Once upon a time I may make lack of equipment as an excuse not to train. But by now I should know better and should be able to think of ways to use whatever equipments that they have to continue with my training. Sure, it won't be as swell as hitting it up at my very own squat rack but life can be a bitch and when life is bitchy you need to find ways to get around that bitchiness.

So for tonite's workout... And to test the waters, I shall start off with goblet squats and then shoulder presses. Finish it off with farmer's walks. That should not take me long to complete, I reckon.

I hope my car gets fixed pronto.

No comments: