Thursday, December 6, 2012

Rejoining a Gym. Somewhat.

I have been weight training almost exclusively for five years now.  And for five years I felt that there was something missing.  That my journey as a junkie is not yet complete.  The absence of playing a sport makes me feel somewhat inadequate.

Some might argue that weight training is a sport.  And no doubt it is.  But I still feel the need for some additional physical activity.  And I keep on gravitating to martial arts e.g. taekwondo, kickboxing, boxing...

When I was schooling taekwondo was part of my life.  In fact, in some ways it has shaped how I look like physically.  So yeah, martial arts is something ingrained in me.

So I joined Muay Fit in Puchong.  They offer various martial arts including Jeet Kune Do, Boxing, and Krav Maga.  But the whole reason I joined them was the availability of Krav Maga classes which are held on Tuesday nights.

My friend said I looked like a kid on Christmas day when I entered the gym and observed the class.  Hahaha... well it came as no surprise that I signed up right then and there.

So now my challenge is to fit in the class while maintaining my weight training regime.  I will need to do some tweaking but I am pretty sure I can make it work.

No comments: