Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Reason

I will be the first to admit that I joined the gym because I had time and money to spare. Besides, it was scary the way I had memorized the programme schedule of my favourite TV channels. To me, it signalled the beginning of the end.

But I eventually started giving weightlifting serious attention. Yeah, it gave me a cute butt (I know because I get compliments. Cheaaaa!!!), but I came to realise that weightlifting impacted my life in many positive ways.

It gave me something to look forward to.

It gave me a quantifiable sense of achievement.

Did I mention I now have a cute butt?

It also gave me this never say die attitude which spilled over to my working life.

Having said that, I am not obsessed about the sport. I mean, I do have a life: hanging out with friends, weekends out clubbing, ehem... the occasional flings (hey, when you have a cute butt people will hit on you). But yeah, weightlifitng gave me discipline and made sure I do not stray towards a more hedonistic lifestyle.

Besides, you know you're doing something right when even the people at the (night)club you frequent starts asking you for tips on health and fitness (yes, the irony is not lost on me). So yeah, weightlifting has had a positive impact on my life. I would go so far to say that it has saved my life from the doldrums.

No comments: