Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nifty fitness apps

I would be the first to admit that most fitness related apps in the various app stores are crap. But now and then I discover a few apps that are worth looking into.

My current favourite is the KB Timer Pro. It's pretty much for interval training purposes. What's nifty about it is that it has various preset times for intervals. For inatance, those who are testing out their VO2 max could go for the 15s/15s (15 second swings followed by 15 second rest).

A regular Jane like me can go for the 30s/30s intervals. And you can choose how long your torture session would last. My five minutes of 30s/30s swings leave me gasping for breath and begging for mercy by the fourth set.

It's not free though. The asking price is USD0.99 or MYR3.20. Fairly priced, if you ask me.

Do you have any cool fitness related apps that you frequently use? Care to share the info?

No comments: