Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wow.. It has been quite a while since I last posted anything here. Life has been pretty busy. Training went smoothly and it's the same routine thing. But two weeks into my post-sickness training phase I had a call from my mom saying that my dad isin hospital and he is not doing so well. So I dropped everything so that I can be with my family and have just started training again last Sunday.

But that is not what I wanted to write about.

You see, my dad is an interesting case. He doesn't take care of his body. He ised to smoke packs of unfiltered cigarettes each day and drank copious amount of coffee. He doesn't control his eating. While he is by no means obese, he is a diebetic so his diet should be restricted.

Couple that with late nights and hanging out with friends who are heavy smokers as well... You have a time bomb just waiting to explode.

My dad is 64. Still young by today's standards. Yet he is already on dialysis and he had a bypass surgery 7 years ago. His body is pretty much damaged. But a couple of years back he changed hia lifestyle for the better. He quit smoking altogether and made an effort to walk around the neighbourhood on a daily basis.

His health improved tremendously. And despite being on dialysis, I reckon he is in better health now than he was 5 years ago. The reason why he was hospitalized recently was because he grew a bit too confident that his body can take a bit of abuse. And by abuse I mean sleeping right under the fan and drinking too much liquid.

So again... The only reason For his recent hospital stint was due to his own bad judgment.

What's the point of my ramblings, you may ask.

Well, the point is this:

Take care of your health. You may think you are the only one that is suffering. But the truth is, when you are sick... It takes a toll on the people who has to take care of you. Don't be selfish.

The occasional fun and partying are fine. But the key word here is OCCASIONAL, folks. Don't make it a habit.

Everyone wants to live a long life. But what is the point ofliving a long life when you spend half of it having to restrict yourself from doing this and that due to ill health? It's just so silly.

So yeah. Stay healthy, get strong. Kick those nasty habits. Or at least... Get them under control, eh?

No comments: