Sunday, November 20, 2011

Of being your own worst enemy

I hit a new 5RM for squats today. It's just 53kg, but it has been long overdue.

I talked about my latest achievement with my pal Adeline and we both acknowledged that the only thing that has ever held my progress back was my self confidence. There is this psychological barrier and even though I KNOW deep inside that I can lift much heavier, I never dared to venture outside of my comfort zone.

Again, I cannot stress the importance of a training journal. It keeps things in perspective... acting as some sort of gauge of your abilities. And what my journal screams out is that I am my own worst enemy.

Now that I know that what I am capable of and what I can potentially achieve, I am psyched more than ever. I look forward to getting stronger and stronger each and every day.

No comments: