Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ramadan Training 2012 - Week 1

Okay so the first week of the fasting month coincides with the training programme's deload week which is sweet.  Intensity is brought down a notch and that would help my body adjust to a slightly different kind of environment.

Throughout this first week I trained after breaking fast (iftar).  I'd eat a light meal, rest a bit to let the food settle and then start my workout.  Once workout is done, I drink 500ml of soy milk (as I always do after training), rest, shower, then eat.

The only gripe I have with this is that by the time I'm done with training and dinner it's already pretty late (about 10.30pm).  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely have no problems sleeping right after dinner (it actually works well for me believe it or not) but 10.30pm is a bit late for fasting month standards.

This is due to the fact that I have to wake up at least an hour earlier to prepare for sahur.  Rightfully I should sleep by 10pm the latest to ensure sufficient rest.  Especially so on days that I hit my training as we all know that you need a good rest after a training session to allow your body to recover.

Looks like I'll have to tweak my training schedule somewhat.  And see how it goes from there.

p/s FINALLY started cooking again after a 6-year hiatus.  Starting simple, with my beloved stir fry veges.

No comments: