Monday, January 21, 2013

A year for more learning

I am not a believer of new year resolutions. Been there, done that and I think it's crap. Resolutions are meant to be broken.  I prefer setting challenging, yet achievable targets... Much like how you have new KPIs (key performance index) at work every year.

This year, my target is to complete at least one single, measly mini-course that I registered for at Coursera.  I found out about this treasure trove of knowledge through my fitness buddy Jason Lee when he posted it on his Facebook page.

For those who are interested in fitness and nutrition but don't necessarily want to go for a certification, this is a good alternative.  In fact, it doesn't have things only fitness and nutrition related.  It has a slew of courses across various fields of study.

I actually signed up for courses on nutrition, statistics and modelling (no, not the Victoria Secret kind... But the mathematical kind).  To make things more manageable, I chose courses that are well spread apart throughout the year so as to increase my chances of completing them.

Check out the site and see if you could find something that strikes your fancy.

P/S My one other target for this year is to learn to how to play the drums.  But that's another story for another day.

No comments: