Saturday, January 26, 2013

Squats revisited and the return of the butt

I've mentioned in several of my blog posts that I have laid off barbell squats due to my tweaked rght knee.  My knee feels better now. It's definitely not like new but it wasn't as bad as before.  So I have started squatting again over the past few weeks.

My numbers are nowhere near my record. And the worst part is my record isn't even that impressive to begin with.  But I prefer to start slow, not to rush into things. There really is no hurry.

Interestingly though, I have people complimenting how much better my butt is looking of late. Wow, my butt sure responds well to squatting. To be honest I'm not sure if it was the back squats that was the catalyst to my glute growth since I have been doing a lot of squat variants this past month in particular:

1. Landmine single leg squat
2. Goblet squat
3. Lumberjack squat
4. Back squat

I am starting to love squats again and not dread it so much anymore.  Hopefully things will continue to improve.

1 comment:

Canada Business Directory said...

This article couldn't be more correct. It's all about choices, your choices of being healthy and strong. Squats is a great workout for fitness.

Lakewood gym