Friday, August 19, 2011

Of shrinking and niggling doubts...

My butt has shrunk.

My hard-earned butt.  Egad... I'm on a downward spiral of weight loss!  And I only have myself to blame.  Maybe age is catching up on me.  I used to have quite an appetite.  I still have quite an appetite, but it's been suppressed this fasting month.  I just don't feel like eating much.

It's a vicious cycle.  I get tired because I don't eat, and I don't eat because I'm tired.

Maybe it doesn't make sense to you, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

Good thing is I can still lift as much as before.  Which tells me that on normal non-fasting training days I am not fulfilling my lifting potential.  If I can lift as much as I can (albeit for fewer sets) when I am deprived of calories, shouldn't I be able to lift more when I'm free to take in as much calories as my stomach could handle?

Hmmmm... admittedly sometimes I lack faith in myself.  I know I can lift more, but somehow I doubt my own ability.  At those moments I wish I had a training partner to psych me up.  But I train alone, and most times I prefer it that way.

Any tips on how to build confidence and get psyched up to attempt a new PR?

No comments: