Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ramadhan Updates Part 2

I did a weigh-in last Friday and I now stand at 47kg.  A 2kg weight loss since the start of the fasting month.  And we still have another 2 weeks to go.

A part of me is obviously upset by the weight loss.  It took me months to gain 2kg and it just takes me 2 weeks to have it go down the drain.  A part of me has accepted the fact that this will be the case for as long as I live.  That for 1 month in the whole year I will shed hard earned kilos.

But this year I am quite confident that I can regain the lost kilos pretty quickly.  As long as I eat regularly and train hard, it shouldn't be that challenging.  Strength-wise, it seems like I haven't lost much of it.  I still can lift almost as much as I do on non-fasting days.

We'll see how it goes.  Another 2 weeks.  Let's hope the weight stops at 47kg and I don't lose much strength as well.

No comments: