Amongst the list of people (some whom I hardly know and remember) in my FB account, there are bound to be those who are into direct selling/multi-level marketing/crap like that. You know the type. Heck, I can bet you that almost everyone who owns an FB account would have at least one annoying friend who promotes his/her little business online.
I usually tolerate the kind of crappy marketing some of them put up on FB. I mean, it's only natural that you'd want to earn extra income. But when you start making stupid statements like wearing a miracle corset would help you get the figure that you dream of without having to go through the hassle of exercise, or taking certain supplements would allow you to eat the kind of crap you've been eating that made you overweight in the first place then I have a bone to pick with you.
It's one thing to promote your business online. It's another thing to make idiotic statements.
Let's take my pet peeve... the 'miracle corset' for example:
- Yes, wearing the corset will make you appear slimmer than you really are. It's the same as a woman who looks beautiful with make up on but look absolutely hideous without it.
- I don't think a guy would appreciate being deceived. You hook up with a girl thinking she's got great curves only to discover once she took the bloody corset off that she doesn't have curves. She's just a big blob (ok, I'm being mean... but I'm stating a point here).
- Really? Do you really wanna waste a thousand bucks to buy a bloody corset? A kettlebell would set you off for about 100 bucks and you only need to swing it for 10 - 15 minutes a day to burn your excess fat off. Come on... don't tell me you don't have 10 minutes. I have a suspicion it takes longer to put that damned corset on.
- 1000 bucks could hire you a personal trainer. But then again, with the kind of trainers that we have you're better off buying the corset. KIDDING!!
- If you're silly (read: dumb) enough to believe that wearing a corset would mean you can eat whatever crap you want then you're sorely mistaken. You're just going to make your bloody corset seller happy because she now can sell you a bigger (more expensive) one that you can actually wear.
- Geeeezzzz.... isn't it uncomfortable wearing that thing underneath your regular clothes? ESPECIALLY in our humid climate?
Apparently, I just pissed off a girl who sells this corset bullcrap. I couldn't care less. I've always been opinionated. But hey, I stand for what I believe in. I won't apologize for that.