Monday, June 14, 2010

Butt-sercise!

Being naturally skinny makes me practically flat-chested since boobs consist of body fat and I have little body fat to my name. Yes, being naturally lean is way better than being naturally chubby but hey, I am a woman and a woman without curves is kinda sad. While some men may compensate their lack of ehem... size by pumping iron, I concentrate on my butt since my boobs are pretty much a gone case. There's not much I can do in that area.

And hence I have several butt-sercises that I consider all-time favourites. And they are listed below and in no particular order.

  1. Squats - great total body move, not only works the butt but also the quads, a bit of the hamstring, your lower back, core and shoulder muscles.
  2. Deadlifts - same as the squats, it's a total body workout in itself.
  3. Dumbbell stepups - try holding a pair of dumbbells in each hand (make sure it's not too light and not too heavy) and step up onto a bench or a dining chair. Yeah, pain in the ass. Literally.
  4. Dumbbell split squats - you can feel your glutes burn with this one.

To be honest, I don't really like lower body workouts. I prefer upper body workouts any day. But it is a necessary evil to have a nice, perky butt and great looking legs. Give these 4 exercises a try. But please, not all at one go. You might have trouble sitting down post-workout day. Trust me, I've been there.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hanani said...

wei..u already have a beautiful butt what? Believe me laaaaa!!