Friday, June 18, 2010

Bodyweight Challenge Workouts

If you're a fairly competitive person like myself, I think you'd love this kind of workouts. It's basically a challenge exercise where you're supposed to complete a series of exercises within a certain time period. It's a great way to gauge your progress. You know you've improved when you can complete the challenge quicker compared to previously.

There are many kinds of challenge exercises. One of my favourites is the Upper Body 10x10 Workout. Barbell complexes are also cool. I've never done one before since I only have dumbbells at home. That's gonna change soon though; because my barbell will arrive this weekend. But that's another entry for another day.



Back to the agenda folks. So the video above is the Bodyweight 100 challenge. I guess this one is a bit on the easy side but it's a good start. Mr. Ballantyne has created a lot of bodyweight challenges, from the basic Bodyweight 100 to the extreme Bodyweight 1,000. So if you like a bit of competition - doesn't matter if it's with yourself of amongst your fellow fitness enthusiasts, this would be a fun way to test yourself.

Best of all, you don't need to hit the gym for this. You can do it in a playground or at home. Cool, huh?

1 comment:

Aizan Suhaira said...

I did this BW100 challenge in less than 3 minutes.