Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ab Workouts for the Day

Since starting on the Turbulence Training programme, I have not done a single situp or crunch. My tummy is still flat, and in fact even more defined. Everytime I see my fellow gym-goers performing all kinds of situps and crunches variation known to man, I feel like screaming: Don't do it! Nooooooooo!!!!

The truth is, situps and crunches only serve to give you back and neck problems in future. And it still doesn't help define your tummy (if you eat junk and do lots of ab workouts it won't work either, mind you).

Earlier this evening I did my tummy superset which comprises of:
  1. Stability ball rollouts - you can feel your abs burn with this manoevre (12 reps)
  2. Cross mountain climbers - total killer for the obliques (12 reps each side)
I did this superset three times. And I am expecting sore abs tomorrow. Why don't you try it. You'd be amazed on how effective it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stability ball rollouts are brutal!! I like your blog :).

P.S. your totally correct about ab workouts and eating junk...if anything... you will look heavier when your abs bulk up under a belly.

-Char

Aizan Suhaira said...

Hello Char
Good to know you like my blog :)

And yes, stability ball rollouts rock big time!