Saturday, December 26, 2009

Are taking supplements the way to go?

The hardest part about trying to gain weight is getting sufficient calories to see the desired results. And like I've mentioned before, it is hard for me to pack on the kilos and it is extremely easy for me to shed weight. A few missed meals would do the trick.

That's not good because I want to look like Jillian Michaels. Mwahahahahha....

I am a strong believer in getting my calories the natural way - through regular meals. But time and time again I find myself skipping meals because of my busy schedule at work. It is made worse when I later look for a quick fix - eating fast food junk. I know, I know. I shouldn't be eating crap but sometimes it happens. And what's more worrying is that it's happening more frequently of late.

So I am considering taking supplements to ensure I get enough calories per day. You know... those mass gain supplements, or perhaps meal replacement powders. One that has a LOT of calories per serving. It's a bit drastic, but I can't think of a better way.

Any suggestions? Advice? I'd really appreciate it.

3 comments:

Rajan said...

Aizan: i think many women would envy you fgor being able to lose weight easily. :-)

Anyway, I used to be stick skinny when i was young (my teens and early 20's) and tried all kinds of weight gain supplements but never put on any weight. Then when i went overseas and learnt how to train heavy and eat like a Champion, i finally saw the results.

So, to me, eating right and working out hard seemed to work the best over supplements.

But if you do take weight gainers, make sure you match it with a heavy workout, or all that additional calories will turn into fat.

Aizan Suhaira said...

Rajan: Yup! I am the envy of almost everyone I know because I' slim although it seems like all I do is eat.

Am planning to go ahead with the supplements but I'm thinking instead of taking the amount as recommended, I'll halve the portion.

It'll ensure I get the extra calories that I need but not too much (saves me on the cash too).

Danie Dharma said...

Aiz, there is nothing wrong with taking supplements. They are actually extracts from normal foodstuff and nothing more sort of like an egg white. All the nutrients you need with the unwanted stuff removed. Protein for example is just milk with the lactose, fats and sugars filtered away! If working life gets to you and you can't force a meal, supplements are a good way to go!