Monday, March 15, 2010

Rants about kids

Do you know what I love about the school holidays apart from the blissful morning traffic? It is the sound of children having fun at the playground. It is the sight of happy families splashing around in the swimming pool. There's still hope for yet for the children of today.

It kind of annoys me to see my young cousins sitting on their asses in front of the idiot box either watching cartoon shows or playing the Playstation accumulating masses of fat, increasing their chances of getting diabetes and heart disease.

Yes, I understand their obsession with the television. I was a kid too. But we still played outside. We still went to parks with our parents. We still biked around the house compound. It seems to me that nowadays the only exercise that children get is walking around in a shopping mall.

No comments: