Monday, November 15, 2010

Back in Business

Finally I am back for training. It felt like eternity. Imagine sitting in your living room watching your barbell just laying there dormant. Not a pretty sight. Tonight I got back home pretty late so it was just a short workout.

3 sets of 5 reps of the deadlift (48kg), dumbbell military press (9kg) and bodyweight row (pretty light now that I've lost weight).

Enough to work up a sweat but not enough to leave me exhausted. I'm quite confident I'll be able to recover enough to train again tomorrow.

Yup, I've tweaked my workouts slightly to enable me to recover quickly thus enabling me to train more frequently.

The theory, ladies and gentlemen, goes like this:

To build strength and size = Train as frequently as possible (be sensible with this)
To train frequently = Recover quickly
Recover quickly = Short but intense workouts

That's pretty much the gist of it. I'd happily give you the exact quote but I'm a bit too lazy to go flick through my references. I'll do that once I have the luxury of time.

No comments: