I'm fairly certain I will not be able to pull a Fight Club and get rid of my worldly belongings. But I agreed wholeheartedly when he wrote that people nowadays are too caught up with fancy gym equipment when you do not need that much to stay fit.
Like I've written many times before, I quit the gym when I realized that I didn't need that many equipment to stay fit PLUS I already have the drive and determination to keep to my training schedule.
According to Mr. Ferruggia, he would just need the items below in his gym to get a complete workout. Let's see how many of the stuff he listed has already been acquired by yours truly, shall we?
- Dumbbells (check!)
- Straps or rings (I have a TRX. Good enough. Check!)
- Chinup bar (check!)
- Barbell and plates (check!)
- Squat stands (I want one of these badboys... in my wishlist for now)
- Dip bars (I have a pair of dining chairs. So... check!)
- Weighted vest (I don't need these yet. KIV)
- Kettlebells (in the process of getting one)
So yeah! My gym is pretty solid. How about you? Care to share what toys you keep at home? (And please, I'm not talking about the naughty ones you keep in your bedside drawer).