Saturday, January 22, 2011

Of simplicity and knowing what's important

Fret not. Fear not. For I am still alive and well. I've taken a brief hiatus from blogging and lifting and was focusing on several more important aspects in life. But yes indeed. I am back. I've actually started lifting again a while back but lately I tend to be done with my training in 20 to 30 minutes tops.

I still train everyday though. Well, almost everyday.

I think I lost focus on what's more important. Yes, lifting is an important part of my life. And I can't deny that I feel edgy and nervous if I don't get my daily dose of iron. But frankly, I'm done trying to stuff myself as much as possible just for the sake of gaining weight. I'm done doing lifts that I don't enjoy doing and make me fret hitting the barbell. I'm done being overly obsessed.

When I first started lifting, it was as a good way to spend my time. And then it became pretty much a lifestyle. And for a while it became an obsession. Obsessing about anything will not do anyone any good.

I'm just gonna stick to the simple things in life. And to be honest, I'm loving it. I'm rediscovering my mojo. Definitely less stressed out. And more at peace.

No comments: