Friday, May 7, 2010

How DailyMuscle.com has impacted my life

"There must be more to life than this," I often lamented. Good job, decent pay, and spare time for myself is more than some people could ask for. But somehow I still felt empty. I envy the teachers, the doctors, the volunteers. At least they're contributing to the betterment of society.

Me? I'm just someone who works in the corporate world where the sole objective is to make money. Social responsibility takes a backseat. I wanted to do something that would give me that fulfillment and satisfaction. But what? What could I possibly do?

One day, I was browsing the internet looking for some information about health and fitness. I was a gym junkie by this time. But my knowledge was pretty much limited and I wanted to know more. And then I stumbled across this little gem of a blog called DailyMuscle.com.

So what? You may wonder. There are so many fitness blogs out there. But what sets DailyMuscle apart is the personal story behind the blog. You can tell that the writer genuinely wants to help out people and guide them to a healthier lifestyle. The blog, and the person behind it ignited my interest in all things health and fitness.

Happily, my enthusiasm has rubbed off on some of my friends. They're leading a healthier lifestyle now. And they sometimes ask me for advice and guidance. I tell them what I know, and what I don't know I ask those more knowledgable. Somehow, my life feels more meaningful now. I've found my own way of helping people out. It may not be much, but it is a start. I may not have set on this 'path' if not for the exposure and encouragement I get from the writer and readers of DailyMuscle.

And that is how, ladies and gentlemen, DailyMuscle.com has impacted my life.

No comments: