Sunday, July 11, 2010

Why I hate the commercial gym

  1. Most of the trainers don't care about you. They just care about how much money you can shed.
  2. I do not appreciate wiping off other people's sweat on the bench.
  3. Some gym members think that because they pay for the membership, they are entitled to hog the machines/equipments even though all they do is just talk on their mobile phone rather than exercising.
  4. The time wasted driving to the gym, change to my training gear, train, shower, and drive back home.
  5. Some gym members and even personal trainers give you weird looks as you move from one floor to another to complete your training.
  6. The reason why I move from one floor to another: During busy periods the equipment/machines that I want to use are already taken up, so I need to look for alternatives.
  7. Personal trainers who give stupid advice and make you do moves that are useless.
  8. Having to listen to the aunties who go to the gym to burn calories by socializing in the locker room while eating junk food instead of doing any kind of real exercise.

4 comments:

ArsheedA said...

hahaha...kind of agree with u! I used to be a gym junkie but now im switched to outdoor fitness activities. I only get a nice treatment during the renewal of membership & too bad...my PT berlagak macho!

Aizan Suhaira said...

Yeah, outdoor stuff is better compared to the commercial gym. But to be fair, being a gym member is a good start. And you can progress from there.

I'm trying to incorporate some swimming sessions between my weight training sessions.

Anonymous said...

I like gym because of the many fitness classes available like body pump, RPM, spin, body combat and I am hooked by them in addition to my own weight training programmes.

Aizan Suhaira said...

solicit-successor: yep, gym membership has more bang on the buck if you're the kind that enjoy classes. Unfortunately, I've never been a big fan.

Maybe because I'm a bit of a loner.