Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gym Predicament

I've been looking around for a gym to train in. And it is not as easy as I wished it would be. I just called a gym near where I live and the guy doesn't even know what a squat rack is. Sheesh. He kept harping on and on about how the gym has smith machines. I don't need a bloody smith machine. Screw the smith machine.



There are in fact a few indie gyms that are worth joining. Unfortunately they're way off from where I stay or where I work. So that's a big no no. It's just not worth it.



I wish there was a gym like Exclusive Fitness near the places I frequent. It is absolutely heaven!! I can imagine myself spending hours just hanging out in a place so cool. Alas, it is off my beaten track and is just not practical at all to visit on a daily basis.



It is times like these that I feel like opening my own indie gym. Free weights, power racks, punching bags, prowlers and kettlebells. How much do you think a basic facility like that would cost? Hmmmm...

Anyway... the training continues at home today. Gotta get me some more weights soon. I'm running out of weights to deadlift.

No comments: