Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meathead C and the Substitutes

Just finished Workout C of the Meatheads programme and it has left me sweating quite a lot. Been feeling a little tired this weekend so I didn't end the workout with a finisher. Working at home definitely has its pros and cons with the most glaring con being I don't have access to a variety of weights.

Enter the TRX. I've substituted quite a number of exercises that requires dumbbells with the nifty gadget. Examples listed below:

1. Chin-ups - Substituted with TRX Back Row
I can do chin-ups but not as many as I'd like to. So for the warm up phase instead of doing chin-ups I did back rows. For the actual sets I reverted to chin-ups.

2. Dumbell Lateral Raise - Substituted with TRX Y-Shoulder Raise
I have a pair of 10lbs dumbbells at home and I've to confess it's hard for me to execute the lateral raise with them. My form will be compromised. Hurrah for the TRX! The Y Shoulder Raise works pretty much the same muscles that the Lateral Raise focusses on.

3. Incline Hammer Curl and Barbell Curl - Substituted with TRX Bicep Curl
I don't have a barbell. Neither do I have an adjustable bench. Thus I couldn't do the moves due to logistical constraints. Forget the 10lbs dumbbells. They're too light in this case. Having said that, I wanted to cry when I did the TRX Bicep curls. Feels like I'm curling 10kg dumbbells. Which is definitely cool.

Alright. That's about it. Tomorrow's Workout D of the Meatheads programme. Lower body workout. Not my favourite, but a necessary evil.

No comments: